Thursday, August 13, 2026

Solitude in the Crowd, Gym Gains and Theme Park Walks

 Back at my desk in the office yesterday, and honestly, it felt great to get into a rhythm. Work was extraordinarily productive. For those following along who might not know, I work as a senior analyst for a large-scale agricultural company with crop operations spanning three continents. I genuinely love what I do, tackling complex global operations behind the scenes keeps things sharp and engaging.

Once the workday wrapped, it was straight to the gym for a brutal upper-body session of arms, chest, and back topped off with a killer 30-minute core routine.

I hit abs every single day, and the discipline is definitely showing. Getting double-takes and outright stares whenever I'm at the pool or shirtless in the park makes every rep worth it. If you put in the hard work, you might as well show it off!

After a quick gym shower, I threw on some evening walking clothes and headed over to Magic Kingdom at Disney World. It was open until 11 last night, but I didn’t stay that late. With an absolute gauntlet of a schedule coming up over the next month and a half - nearly every single day booked solid - I really wanted an evening to myself.

There's a unique kind of solitude in being completely alone in a sea of thousands of people you don't know. And, true to form, the tourist crowd did not disappoint:

  • The Vibe: Sweltering Florida heat, expectedly fragrant crowds, plenty of crying kids, and an absolute sea of hideous clothing: cargo shorts, camo, and ubiquitous Crocs.
  • The Lineup: I had mostly leisurely walks around the park and kept things low-key and relaxing with a few of my personal favorites:
    • The PeopleMover
    • Haunted Mansion
    • Mickey’s PhilharMagic

I finished off the night by stopping into Casey's Corner for a hot dog for dinner. Honestly, that footlong hot dog is as close to a hard footlong as I’ve gotten since the weekend... (wink). Safe to say I need to break that slump very soon!

Once the crowds assembled for fireworks over the castle I made my way to the monorail to head home. It is the perfect way to likely get a quiet car – maybe even one all to yourself – a true local’s hack!

All in all, it was the exact reset I needed before the upcoming whirlwind. Ready for whatever the rest of the week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Act Two: Full Calendars, Loud Flight Attendants and Late-Night Pages

 Working from home meant kicking off Thursday with an early morning gym session - legs, back and abs were on the menu yesterday again. Every...