Now that the ink is officially dry on my first journal entry, I’m diving straight in to bring you up to speed on this past weekend.
Spoiler alert: I didn't waste a single second.
Friday: Disco Beats & Late-Night Debauchery
I kicked off the weekend on Friday night with a dose of
culture at the Winter Park Playhouse for Never Can Say Goodbye. It was a
high-energy jukebox musical celebrating the iconic female voices, bold 1970s
fashions, and cultural revolution of the decade. Fantastic production—and let’s
be honest, the 70s fashion inspiration was an added bonus.
Feeling energized, I made my way over to Savoy. The energy
was right, so I spent a good portion of the night on the dance floor with a few
ridiculously hot guys, making sure to deposit some "college fund"
contributions into the jockstraps of a few box dancers. To round out a proper
Friday night, I made a quick final stop at Club O for a couple of “O’s” of my
own. A very satisfying start to the weekend.
Saturday: Legs, Art, and Close-Proximity Perks
Saturday morning started early with a brutal leg and abs
session at the gym. After putting in the work, I rewarded myself with a
tranquil, leisurely stroll through Lake Eola Park for a late brunch al fresco -
just sitting in the sun, enjoying the breeze, and soaking in the quiet before
the night ahead.
By Saturday evening, it was time to socialize. I attended
the Gay Supper Club mingle at City Arts Gallery. I arrived solo, but I
certainly didn't stay that way for long. The room was filled with incredible
energy, and I quickly got wrapped up in a few great conversations with some
very attractive men. A few numbers were exchanged... and let’s just say that
living a block away from the venue has its distinct advantages. I ended up
walking back to my place accompanied by a hunky gentleman who was built remarkably
large in the right place. (wink).
Later that night, I caught a second wind and headed out to
Anthem, spinning on the dance floor with a couple of Latin hotties before
finally calling it a night—or rather, a morning.
Sunday: Shakespeare, Tom Ford, and Fine Arts
Sunday was just as packed, blending classic theater with
high-society nightlife. In the afternoon, I took in an abridged version of Henry
VI: War of the Roses at Orlando Shakes. The cast featured some of the best
alumni performers from past productions, and the execution was top-tier.
As soon as the curtain fell, I scurried home to get ready
for the evening. I suited up in a breathtaking new Tom Ford piece I recently
procured for the start of gala season—fits like a glove and the way the pants
hug my ass makes an absolute statement.
The main event was the Steinway Society Gala at the Orlando
Museum of Art. It’s always a highlight of the season, raising funds to provide
music lessons for disadvantaged youth. Excellent company, incredible art,
fabulous philanthropy, and a wonderful way to kick off my favorite time of
year.
To cap off an extraordinary weekend? Let’s just say I ended
up getting my "flute" played by a very attractive bartender afterward
(wink, again).
Until the next adventure,
— Living Well & Unfiltered
No comments:
Post a Comment