Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Reflections & Rebuilding: Monday Routines and Finding My Edge Again

 Yesterday was a textbook Monday, but honestly, I’ve come to appreciate the beauty of a predictable grind.

I put in my hours at work, and once the laptop closed, I headed straight to the gym for an absolute gauntlet: arms, shoulders, chest, and abs. There’s something therapeutic about pushing heavy iron after a long day of mental work. It resets the system. Afterward, I kept up my nightly ritual and took a quiet walk around Lake Eola. I grabbed some Powerball tickets along the way. No, I didn’t win the jackpot, but I can’t complain about where life is landing lately anyway. I wrapped up the night back home, kicking back to watch the St. Louis Cardinals game on TV before calling it a night.

Lately, though, I’ve been thinking a lot about this "second act" of my life, how I got here, and what it actually took to reclaim my vitality.

If you had asked me a few years ago why I felt so drained, I would have just shrugged and blamed time.

Back when I was stuck in the toxic relationship, my body and mind were slowly shutting down. I was perpetually exhausted, gaining weight despite trying, struggling with brain fog, and dealing with sexual frustration and dysfunction. I was depressed, floating through the days, and completely resigned to the idea that "this is just what getting older feels like."

What I didn't realize at the time was that I was getting hit from two sides: a soul-crushing relationship dynamic on the outside and crashing hormone levels on the inside.

Once I got out of that bad environment, I realized I needed to take an honest, proactive look at my health. I sat down with my doctor, ran full bloodwork, and made the decision to start Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT).

Looking back, that decision was a massive catalyst for my second act.

While I know I’m not 21 on paper, physically I feel better than I ever did in my twenties. Combining TRT with dedicated training in the gym has completely transformed my physique. The muscle growth, strength, and sculpting have been incredible, and I’d be lying if I said the extra attention and action haven't been a fantastic boost. My energy is locked in, my sex drive is through the roof, and even subtle things, like my skin tone and hair, look and feel 100% revitalized.

Getting to this place wasn't just about changing a number on a lab result; it was about realizing I didn't have to settle for feeling broken or burned out. Leaving what didn't serve me and taking control of my health opened up a whole new chapter.

Here’s to the second act—and to keeping the momentum going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Act Two: Full Calendars, Loud Flight Attendants and Late-Night Pages

 Working from home meant kicking off Thursday with an early morning gym session - legs, back and abs were on the menu yesterday again. Every...